Bookings are accepted on the following terms. They will be deemed to have been accepted by you, at the time when you complete the booking form.
A rent deposit of 20% is required to secure your booking. The balance of the rent is due four weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If you book less than four weeks before the start of the holiday, the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
Methods of payment
- BACS. The booking is provisional until payment arrives in our bank account, and our confirmation of booking has been despatched. We will hold the booking for you pending the BACS transfer for five working days.
- Paypal. Payment is made immediately, and we will confirm your booking as soon as we receive notification from Paypal that your payment has been made.
Details of all methods of payment can be found on the payment page on the online booking system.
In all cases, once the booking is confirmed you become liable for the balance of the rent, which must be paid four weeks before the date of the commencement of the holiday.
If you cancel your booking we will do what we can to re-let the property. If we are successful we will refund any payment you have made, less an administrative charge of £25. If we are unable to re-let the property you will remain liable for the balance of the rent, and your deposit will be retained by us. We strongly recommend that you arrange Holiday Cancellation insurance.
A good-housekeeping deposit of £100 is payable with the final rent balance, four weeks before the start of your holiday. The cost of any breakages or damage will be deducted from this and the balance refunded to you at the end of the stay. If you opt to pay by cheque, please enclose a separate cheque for £100 for the deposit, which will only be cashed if a deduction is required.
The booking is for the purpose of the people whose names appear on the booking form. No more than 6 (six) people may stay at 6 Pier Maltings and 4 (four) at 1 Pier Maltings. Because of the various flights of steps, both 1 and 6 Pier Maltings are unsuitable for people with limited mobility or very young children.
The main condition is that you agree to take good care of the property and contents. You are responsible for any breakages or damage that occur during your stay, and these should be reported and paid for before departure. The property must be left clean and tidy, with all furniture, fittings and fixtures left in the same condition and state of repair as they were at the start of the holiday.
Tenancies commence at 3.00 pm on day of arrival and end at 10.00 am on departure day; please help us by leaving promptly.
No responsibility is accepted for any accident or mishap to persons or property while on the premises.
You are required:
- to allow us at reasonable times and with reasonable notice to enter and repair the property, or to enter the property without notice in an emergency to repair the property;
- to use equipment in the properties in accordance with instructions;
- not to flush sanitary towels, tampons or nappies down the toilets;
- to act with consideration towards occupiers of neighbouring properties, and not to cause a nuisance or inconvenience.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the properties.
Sorry, we don’t accept pets.
If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of the property, then this should be reported immediately. Complaints which are not reported immediately will not be entertained subsequently, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
The information given on your booking form may be held on our database. It will only be used in connection with your booking and for the purposes of sending you our occasional newsletters, if you have opted to receive them, and will not be passed on to any third party.